Monday, October 1, 2012

pin-it and did- it [cupcakes!]

Today I'm co-hosting the pin it and did it challenge with Lauren from Pink on the Cheek.


I chose Lemon Raspberry Cream Cupcakes  from yourcupofcake.com

The Cakes:
Lemon cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme)
1 cup sour cream
½ cup water
¼ cup milk
¾ cup oil
4 eggs
1 small box instant lemon pudding mix
Raspberry Cream:
½ cup butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese
1/3 cup Raspberry jam or jelly
Red food dye
1 ½ -2 ½ cups powdered sugar
Directions:
1.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.    In a large bowl, beat eggs. 
3.    Add oil, water, and milk and beat again. 
4.    Stir in sour cream and then cake mix and pudding mix until well blended.
5.    Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6.   As soon as your cupcakes, place them on a cooling rack for about 5-7 minutes and then seal in an airtight container to make sure they stay perfectly moist.  The container will steam-up inside, but won’t worry…
7.    Raspberry Cream: Beat butter and cream cheese for 5 minutes. 
8.   If your jam is not seedless, strain it and then add it to the butter mixture.  You can always add more if you want a stronger taste. 
9.   Add a few drops of food dye to get a pretty red color and then as much powdered sugar as you desire.
10.Refrigerate your Raspberry Cream if it is too loose to pipe or spread on your COOLED cupcakes. 

 
  I'd like to say that I have more pictures, but sadly I don't. I know, I know. I always have pictures, but lets just say, they were gone before I could get my camera out!
So I'll leave you with the original picture that captured my heart on Pinterest...errrr I mean my tummy.
Lemon Raspberry Cream Cupcakes 
 via yourcupofcake

Now, link up your amazing cupcakes! :)


3 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look so delish! I can already feel my mouth watering as I stare at those little babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! These would have been perfect for my daughters birthday. Still going to try them though!

    Thanks for following :) Now, I'm your newest follower! Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!