Thursday, September 27, 2012

prayer.

 If you read yesterday's post, you know it's been quite the week.
My baby isn't a baby anymore, which means he doesn't just lay on my lap and sleep...[shocker.]
He is mobile. very mobile.
He climbs. on everything.
Typically boy.
But this mama gets tired, stressed, and overwhelmed sometimes. naturally.
I will be honest...it doesn't happen all that often. really. 
 H is an amazing little boy,  but this week has been one that even the park couldn't cure.

While Hudson was eating lunch, I sat down on the chair next to him, closed my eyes, and prayed.
Hudson started laughing as he thought I was playing hide-and-seek...but I continued to pray.
I prayed for patience.
I prayed for a smile on my face.
I prayed to make it until nap time when the house would be quiet for at least 3 hours.
I prayed that I would get a moment of peace.
.isn't that always the answer?
   And guess what?!
I made it to nap time.
I found some peace.
And I actually took a nap too.
 
But honestly, I felt like a bad mom.
A little guilty.
Mom's aren't supposed to feel like they want their kids to sleep so they can't have their "me" time...right?!
I chose to stay at home, so I could be there every waking minute, to see him grow and learn....and now I want him to sleep so I can facebook stalk, blog, or watch a re-run of Teen Mom or Glee?!
At this point, mommy's me time is like finding a needle in a hay-stack.
I mean, showering before 9pm chalks up to be a good day!
I couldn't feel guilty about needing to re-charge my mommy batteries.

And again I prayed.
I prayed for patience.
I prayed for love.
 [selfishly] I prayed that Hudson would sleep a little longer, 
and Kalob would get home a little sooner.
But, I also prayed that although I was living on a short fuse, that H would know, 
without a shadow of a doubt, that I love him.

Prayer changes everything.




 

5 comments:

  1. Prayer absolutely does!! Although I'm a working mom, I have summers off and found myself feeling the same way & also feeling guilty but I just reminded myself that it's all part of motherhood & regardless our babies know we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most Moms have gotten to the point where they just want nap time. I never understood it until my daughter was about 22 months and I just wanted to be able to sit! in one spot! and relax!

    But now? She doesn't nap. She stopped napping around 22 months because I went a few days without offering one because we were so busy.

    Prayer really does help. Even if it's just to get through the next half hour, hour, etc., I've also found talking to my husband for a few minutes on the phone has helped me feel better.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel guilty! Enjoy that nap time while you have it. My little one stopped napping at 20 months old and I miss it desperately. I love staying at home, but if you don't think about yourself every now and then you'll go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you definitely have a hand full on your hands but it really gets better. And yes you said it... he is just being a little boy. With my little 2 year old girl I pray for PATIENCE too... sometimes it is really tested. I love your blog and look forward to your next post. I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! We've all been there. Sometimes you just have to recharge. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love yours and am looking forward to getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!