Saturday, June 9, 2012

four years ago...

This is a tough one to write today.
It's a day that will always be a tough day.
A tough one to swallow.
A tough one to bare.
A day that I wish just simply passed us by every single year.

Four years ago today, one of the most amazing men I have ever met, passed away.
One of those men who lights up the room when he walks in, without fail.
His jokes and sense of humor had people laughing for hours.
His boldness was something you just couldn't deny.
One of those men that you wished everyone had the chance to meet,
because he would change their life, one way or another.
This man was
I n c r e d i b l e.
A m a z i n g .
S i m p l y  W o n d e r f u l.

I wish every single day that he was able to meet Hudson.
To be in his life, to teach him, to guide him, to know him the way I did.

He was taken too soon.

I know he is in a better place. A place where he doesn't have to feel the pain and suffering.
And for that, I am so grateful.

I'm so thankful for every single minute I had to spend with him.
Those weekly phone calls and texts from him just to "make sure I was doing okay",
 while I was away at college, those will always be remembered.

Uncle Doug. I miss you everyday.

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry for your loss, Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. My Dad passed away 8 years ago last month and that day is always a hard one. Hope you're feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for you loss. It is always hard when someone we love goes away too soon. But this life is just the beginning and you will get to see him and hug him again someday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!