Monday, June 11, 2012

BOISE...

I have finally gotten my act together and gotten this blog post up!
I was going to wait until Wednesday for WIHUTW, but I just couldn't resist any longer to post our BOISE trip!
[I only had my camera half of the trip, so excuse some of the super ghetto phone pictures!]

We made the trip to take care of some problems we were having with our rental home. Oh and did I mention that it's a 13hour trip, and we chose to drive, with a one year old little boy, all in one day?!
Honestly, I didn't think we were going to make it... especially when I had to stop and use a truck stop "hot dog microwave" to warm a bottle for Hudson... but thankfully I have a wonderful husband who drove the ENTIRE way and just kept chuggin' right along while Hudson and I jammed out to Wee Sing in the back seat!
 
Hope everyone is ready for a major overhaul of pictures!
[*still trying to find my other camera card with pictures of Hudson and the dogs [he is having major withdrawls from them, and Hudson mastering going UP and DOWN the stairs!]


 
 [U n c l e   J a k e   &  A u n t   J e n n y !]
  [seriously, within arms reach of that giraffe. If it wasn't for the Zoo volunteer yelling "oh, don't touch the giraffe, don't get too close, DON'T GO ANY CLOSER" I really think n a n a and Hudson would have been petting a giraffe!]

  
[A u n t   A l y]
 [P a P a]
If any of you know my mom, you know she is a little obsessed with Diet Pepsi.
[Secret: she may even have one with her breakfast in the morning!]
Guess who is following in her footsteps!?
[Okay. Okay. The can was empty, I promise!]
Totally horrible and embarrassing story: Kalob had to leave half way through the week to go to Wyoming and do some "cow" things, so Hudson and I obviously extended our trip in Boise and decided to fly home the following week. I went to check in the morning of our scheduled flight and about had a heart attack. We left and planned this trip in such a hurry [that is my excuse to make me feel a little bit better about the situation] that I clicked my "frequent trip" button, and booked our one-way flight, not even realizing that I had booked a flight from DENVER to Boise...not BOISE to Denver. So a few hundred dollars, and 2 days later, we were finally able to come home to Colorado.

One more horrible [really not that bad] story: First words out of my mouth when we got into the car to drive home from the airport..."Hunny, when we [hopefully] move back to Boise, one of the first things we are buying, besides a house, is a back-up generator." The power went out for about 9 hours the night before we left Boise, and I thought I was going to die. No air-conditioning, no fan to buffer all the little noises, no lights, no phone charger...rough life I know. I will be the first one to admit...I would have been the worst pioneer EVER!
Halle-freakin-lujah for electricity!
Wow. While that was a novel of a post, it had to be done.
If you suck around for the whole thing, I'm impressed!
Now, you deserve a nap!

Also, did I mention that we will be making our way BACK to Boise, by car, again, in just 3 weeks! Call us cRaZy, but we just can't get enough! :)
Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so totally jealous of your giraffe experience. Whenever we go those stinking giraffes are hiding far away or put into their little pens.

    Looks like you had a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl - you have some awesome hair!! I found you from For Love of a Cupcake :) Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!