Sunday, April 29, 2012

"it WAS a ball!"

okay, so my apologies for not posting ANYTHING for yesterday...and yesturday was one of the days that I didn't want to miss...or anyone to miss for that matter! But once it was all said and done, all I wanted to do was curl up and go to sleep! I've been planning this party for months. Gathering things here and there, and coming up with a theme. I didn't want to do a super crazy theme, but I did need a direction. So I came up with "it's a ball!" [I know I know- but don't you worry, it turned out ADORABLE.]
It all started with these lovely polka dotted bouncy balls that Hudson fell in love with.
They got "the ball rolling" [hahaha]
[Of course I ended up getting 4 more for the party!]
 All of the food was in circles or balls to stick with the theme.
 Fruit, Veggies and Dip.



 oh my blessed cake pops! they looked so cute I almost wanted to keep them on "display" but they ended up a huge hit!

  I made the toppers to the cupcakes and each one said something different...
"it's a ball"
"Hudson is ONE"
 or "ONE!"

 Bubbles for favors!
  So many people came to support and celebrate with us. We had his party at the park, and although it didn't rain, the wind was a blowin'. We certainly made the best of it and had a blast.

Kalob's parents and great aunt and uncle even made it to our little party bash!
Hudson was a little obsessed with his grandpa's hat!
 and of course he LOVES papa to death!
I love myself a birthday boy!

11 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! What a fun theme and your cake pops turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! those cake pops were the only thing we ran out of- so I'm assuming they were good!:)

      Delete
  2. You did a great job with all of the decorating!
    Lots of yummy food too, and I bet the cake pops were a hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning our little ones first birthday as we speak!!!

    You did a fantabulous job mom!! Everything is adorable! As well as Hudson :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it so much fun! all the stress is totally worth it! :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! Love it all! Great job Elise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thank you! still can't believe that we have one year olds!

      Delete
  5. soo incredibly cute!!! and what a great theme for a one year old!! those cake pops are so cute! i've tried before....they were tasty, but a huge pain to make and didn't look quite that cute! so i haven't attempted it again! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!