Saturday, February 11, 2012

wonderful.

I'm reminded more and more every single day just how much the little things makes life so wonderful.
We got the most amazing Valentine's Day package from Nana and Papa today...


 
This little boy was in heaven. He laughed hysterically at Elmo, we sang "if you re happy and your know it", as he clapped along, for what seemed like hours, and he loved every single second of it. Nana & Papa send a little something something every single month for his "month birthdays" and it seems that Hudson gets more and more excited for every single one! Nana will actually be here this month for his "ten month birthday!"

I was able to go down to Denver this weekend to have dinner with a friend, and it seriously was exactly what I needed to end this week! Abby and I have been friends since our first years in college and we've been through so much together. She is one of those friends who you don't need to talk to every single day, see at least once a week...to stay close friends, you can just pick up right where you left off. I drove down to Denver to meet her at Cheesecake Factory at 7pm, and lets just say, I didn't leave Denver until 11:30 pm [I know, living on the edge!] I've said it before and I'll say it again...anytime that I can get a little bit of quality, adult conversation...especially with this girl, I will take it! It may seem so simple to some of you, but it meant the world to me.

On my way home, it started to snow. I thought I would beat the storm, but that was not in my cards last night. I was making my hour and a half drive home, and somewhere along the way, I missed my exit, my gas light came on [I went to 5 different gas stations, all of which were closed, and wouldn't let me pump any gas,] and I couldn't see more than 5 feet ahead me. It would be an understatement to say that I was freaking out. But you know that amazing husband of mine, yeah, he stayed on the phone with me until I walked through the front door at 3am...safe and sound. I woke up to the same shirt that I had on at dinner, my make-up smeared and my eyelashes literally smashed to my eyelids. What?! It was kind of a rough night!

I will shout from the rooftops every single day and night of the rest of my life that it really is the little things that make life
truly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!