Thursday, February 9, 2012

num num...

I used to have a food blog.
And then I just couldn't keep up with both, so I let it go...
I must say, I cooked alot more back then to come up with new recipes, to find new recipes, and to feed my pregnant belly!
I think the need for some new ideas for my dinner table is in full effect!

I'm calling it Num Num! [in the tum tum]
[I've noticed that since I've had a baby, I don't finish alot of words,
my voice has gotten higher, and I seem to create new words daily!]

I've been working out almost every single night.
I've been trying to eat really healthy [minus that birthday cake!],
I've been drinking water every single chance that I get.

But I couldn't shake the feeling of wanting a really good slice of [somewhat healthy] pizza.
So I did something about it, thanks to a little inspiration & multiple recipes from Pinterest.

Tomato Basil Pizza.



Ingredients:
-2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds (about 1.25 kg) small-to-medium sized fresh tomatoes, sliced
-3 clove fresh garlic, minced.
-2 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional oil for the pizza
-12 branches of fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme

-12 ounces fresh pizza dough [ I use Hot Roll Mix...turns out thick and delicious!]
-8 ounces (240 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
[I had never worked with fresh mozerella! It kinda grossed me out at first to be honest, but after I bloched it and got all the nasty slim off...we were good to go!]
-One bunch of fresh basil
-Parmesan cheese [optional]

1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (180ºC).
2. On a non-stick baking sheet (or one lined with parchment paper) that’s large enough to hold the tomatoes in a single layer, toss together the tomatoes with the garlic, olive oil, thyme, and season with salt.
3. Roast in the oven for 30min-1 hour, checking midway during roasting to make sure the garlic isn’t burning. If the tomatoes are getting overly dark on the bottom, turn them gently with a spatula.4. After one hour, turn off oven and leave tomatoes in the oven until oven cools completely. [seriously makes your house smell amazing!]
5. Follow the directions/recipe, for your own pizza dough.
6. Brush the dough with a thin layer of olive oil [ I also took about a spoonful of tomato sauce and spread on the dough to give a little more tomato flavor], and place roasted tomatoes on the dough. Put the mozzarella slices over the tomatoes, then place a dozen fresh basil leaves on top of the pizza and grate some parmesan [optional] over the top.
7. [continue to follow the directions or recipe for the pizza dough for cooking time in the oven.] I baked mine for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and crust is browning...
8. Remove from the oven and enjoy...
every. single. last. bite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!