Sunday, February 5, 2012

one year...

 one year...
ago I was turning 23...
I was about 7 months pregnant...
 and I was so looking forward to what that year had to bring.
Now that I'm officially 24 [as of yesturday. I know, so old] I seriously can't imagine my life any different.
I have the most amazing husband who spoiled me rotten with the Schwinn jogging stroller I've had my eye on for months now. I'm ready to start running. [I'm a total wanna-be and I'm okay with it!!] I'm ready to start "training" for the 5k I'm about to attempt at the end of May, which leads to another 5k at the end of August! Biting off too much to chew? Probably, but I'm okay with that too!
I wanted something fairly low key this year and that is exactly what we did. We did some grocery shopping, did lunch, & had a much needed nap. I figured since I have a baby now, it probably wouldn't be appropriate "partying it up" late at night and let's be honest, staying up late is not in my vocabulary anymore, let alone even a thought process! We had debated going out to eat that night, but if you know what it's like going to a restaurant with a baby...I'm sure you would opt out as well! Instead we had the restaurant come to us...and with P.F Chang take-out, you can't go wrong!
We put Hudson to bed, and for the first time in 9 months, we ate dinner, without any interruptions!




And ladies and gentlemen...
it was delightful!
and because I couldn't decide on a flavor of cake I wanted, Kalob decided to do pretty much every flavor he could find, and make the biggest, tasty-est cake...ever.

So much for eating healthy right?!
Don't judge this time...it's my birthday!

Cheers to another year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love you! Oh and I gave you the Liebster Blog Award on my blog miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday gorgeous girl! That cake looks delicious! You should always always indulge on your birthday..that's what I say!!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!