Saturday, November 26, 2011

blessed.

truly blessed.
beyond thankful. 
&
so cliche.
But it's going to happen anyway.
right now. 

1. This year has been an absolute blessing in disquise, to say the least. Hudson has changed my life forever, and in the best way I could ever imagine. That little suprise could not have come at a better time in my life. I'm one lucky mama to have him as my son, forever and always. I get to spend every single day with him, from the moment he wakes up in the morning with that priceless smile, until the minute he goes down for the night with those sleepy big blue eyes. That right there ladies and gentlemen- makes me the luckiest.
2. I'm feeling so blessed to have a wonddrful husband who works so hard for our little family. It's hard to put into words just how amazing this guy is. I have an amazing home, a roof over my head, food on the table, a hot date every single night, and a little baby boy who is my world. Because of Kalob, I'm able to stay home with Hudson and try and be the mom I've always dreamed of being. Kalob is one of the most loving and caring people I have ever met, and I'm so thankful that I he chose me as his wife. always and forever.
3. I have been extrememly blessed to have the most wonderful parents a girl could ask for. A father who showed me how a man is supposed to treat a women, how to work hard and never give up. A mother who has the biggest heart, the most patience, and who was always home to greet us after we got home from school [always.] Parents who never missed a sporting event and endured many [long] nights at music concerts. As I've grown up and now have a family and baby of my own, they have become the most amazing example to us as a couple and are [hands down] the best grandparents to Hudson.
4. Sister. I've blogged about her alot recently, and there is no doubt about saying that she is simply amazing. I'm lucky enough to call her a friend as well as my only sister. We have certainly had our ups and downs, yelling matches, and our share of tears, and I can finally say that we have come out on top. I don't know what I would do without her in my daily life [my phone minutes would drastically change!] She is one of the few people who you can call, and she's going to listen and then she will tell you like it is. No sugar coats or cherries on top, and I love it and need to hear it most of the time! Little man is going to learn many things from this girl and is one lucky dude to call her his aunt- that's for dang sure!
5.When I tell you that I have the best family in the world- that is no understatement- so I'm continuing with my awesome-ness. I was born a twin [all of you out there without one- sucks, you are truly missing out] and wouldn't have changed a single thing! My brother is the greatest example and lives up to everything he says. Jake is one of those people that you can't stay mad at, and I love that about him. He seems to capture a room every time he walks through the door and the party hasn't started or ended without his comments to shake up the conversation! He was my back bone through high school [right by my side]. My best friend through college [hundreds of miles away] and my hero while he was on his mission [thousands of miles away. He just started a little family of his own, with an amazing girl who I absolutley adore. I would like to say that she is the lucky one in this situation, but I really think he is the lucky one for finding someone like Jenny.
 6. oh my friends. don't want to even think about the kind of person I would be without all of them. There are way too many to name, and not enough words to explain my gratitude for each of them. I know that I wouldn't even be close to the person I am today if it weren't for each and every one of them. I used to think that friendship was defined by how much you see or spend time with a person, or by how long you have known then, but I've learned that's not the case at all. You all should know who you are, whether you are in Washington, Colorado, Idaho, Texas, Virginia or Arizona.
7. I'm counting all of my blessings for the technology we have! Its going to sound like I''m counting blessings for facebook, pinterest, skype, blogger...and that's exactly what it should sound like! Since moving away from everything I know, I've had to learn and grow up alot. I've always known where to go, been able to drive to my parents house & see the people I love most every single day! It's taken a lot of faith and patience...but honestly, I don't know how I could have done it without the help of technology! Skype has become a staple [used almost every day.] blogger should probably be my home page, pinterest [yeah- that's a selfish addiction] and facebook, [ I know I'm not the only one who is so grateful for this "devil".]
 8. I'm so incredibly grateful for my health. I was so blessed to be extremely healthy while carrying Hudson- with no complications. I was able to continue working up until he was born, without morning sickness or nausea around my patients. [something I was terrified of!] There were times of obvious exhaustion, but to be able to stay on my feet and feel and look put together [thank heaven I chose a profession where scrubs are required]- was something I wasn't sure I could do! Those 39 weeks went by quicker than I expected, and not only was I healthy, but I delivered a happy and very healthy baby boy.
9. SO grateful for transportation, specifically Southwest Airlines. I've said it many times before, written blog posts about it, and could probably carry on a long conversation about how much I love them. I've been so blessed to be able to fly home to see my family more times than I can count, and that means that Hudson has been able to meet them, get to know them, and love them. I haven't lost touch with the people I love the most, and I still know my way around...Boise will always be home sweet home, the BSU broncos will always be my team, and Pecan St will always be my street.
10. religion. I'm not one to preach, but I'm so grateful for the gospel. I have a hard time putting it into words so for that "I love God and no I don't want to force it down your throat, but man, you're missing out."

My life is pretty much amazing to say the least. I literally couldn't ask for anything more. I only have God to thank for all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!