Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DIY magnet advent calendar.

I know that we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet, but the Christmas posts are about to start. don't judge me. I have been searching for over a year now for an advent calender for Christmas, and I have yet to find one that I love, and that I'd be willing to pay good money for! I'm not sure that we, as in Hudson, is ready for the dollar store, nik-nac, junky toys that fill the advent calenders...and honestly, I don't want them laying around my house. So, I decided to do something a little different, and make something that Hudson can actually use and understand! 

You may remember the instagram magnets I made a few months ago.
I used that same idea to create our advent calender magnets.

I cut some paper into the squares and  the size I wanted.

I then took the magnetic adhesive paper [found at hobby lobby or joanns] and placed the cut out squares onto the sticky part.
And cut them out again.

I bought a dry erase board at Target.

Bought some red number sticker and placed them onto the magnets. 

It actually fit perfectly in one of the sides of our entertainment center.
I made a little title sign, and placed the magnets on the dry erase board from 25-1.

So easy right?!
And it literally cost me about $12.

Although Christmas has been filled with decorations and so many fun things already this year, I really want to teach Hudson from a very early age to have a Christ centered Christmas. So instead of the lame dollar store junk toys filling the days leading up to Christmas, I decided to pair a scripture with everyday of the countdown, along with a Christmas book that we will read every night before bed.

There are TONS of lists that can be found on Pinterest, but this is the list that we will be using this year, feel free to do the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!