Monday, August 19, 2013

clean eats.

I haven't talked much about working out or anything health or fitness for quite some time on the blog...until today. I can't reveal my before and during pictures quite yet, since I still have a few more weeks on the workout program, but I will tell you that I'm down 10 lbs, and have lost 5 inches. BOOM.

Not only am I working out, but we have chosen to start eating as "clean" as possible.
Eating clean is simply the practice of avoiding 
ALL processed and refined foods and basing your diet on WHOLE foods.
But there’s much more to this plan. You can structure your diet to get proper nutrition, help manage diseases, avoid developing diseases in the first place, lose weight, remove toxins, and just feel better. I know that I’m not perfect, and this process has not been perfect, but I’m trying and we are certainly making some big changes...

I will start sharing some "clean" recipes starting in the next few days and weeks to come for those who have asked what we are have been eating, and how we have transitioned. 


This has been our absolute favorite meal so far...
[Sweet Potato Nachos.]





I've started keeping this in my grocery notebook as a guide and reminder...
And when you look at this list, you shouldn't be shopping very much in the aisles at the grocery story!

 It has been an absolutely amazing experience so far but certainly an eye opening experience. 
We have found that there is SO many little changes that are so easy to make...we feel a little silly it took this long to actually make them! 


1 comment:

I love reading every single one of your comments!