Wednesday, May 8, 2013

1095 days...

thats right.
one thousand and ninety five days 
[and counting...]

phewwwww that's a lot of days right?!
but in there are some of the best days of my life.

It all started back in the year of 2009.
I had just finished up a semester at college and I was headed back home to continue schooling for dental assisting and at this point I was just going through the motions, hoping that everything worked out the way it was supposed to.
[clearly, I was young, because now I know that it always does!]

I was home for a few weeks, when one of my friends asked if I wanted to go to church [singles] with her. I was pretty content, and really didn't want to go, but I said yes, got dressed, and left. 

And there he was...Standing on the stage, getting ready to speak to everyone.
I didn't think much of it, until he started talking about heifers [he is from wyoming], and I had absolutely no idea what a heifer was...[seriously, no idea]. and that seemed to have caught his attention.
The meeting went on, and afterward there was a get-together.
I was sitting at the table, with an empty chair next to me, and he made his way over, asked if he could sit down, and I just stared at him and said some rude comment. [he says thats what sealed the deal for him], but I was so no interested. I was the "new girl" and everyone wanted to know my story, but I didn't want to share it, especially with him. 
I left that day, telling myself that I would not return.
A few days later, I get a friend request from a guy named Kalob.
It was him. 
and then a message popped up.

[Oh Elise. so check this out. I went to church expecting to see you there and wait, nope you were not there.
  I know nothing about you. So if you send me your number we can fix that. 
I hope you're having a great day and I'll hopefully talk to you later. -K] 

super smooth right?!

I waited a few days, thought about it, and said what the heck...
 Our first date was a few weeks later.

we were engaged a year later.
married six months after that.
& a baby a year after that.
and now we are on 1095 days...
and counting. 

And of course, it's standard with any anniversary post, to have a complete picture overload...
let it begin.





















Marriage is hard work.
It's not easy by any definition of the word.
They say that opposites attract. and that is exactly what we are. opposite.
complete opposites.
[except in the fact that we are both incredibly independent.]
We fight. We bicker. We have shed a few tears or two.
We have had to learn to count to ten [alot], and to bite our tongues.
We have learned to pick our battles wisely, because most things are just not worth the fight.
We have been through some pretty difficult things in the three short years we've been married.
But all of those nights we went to bed feeling defeated, and wondering how the heck we were going to make it through the next trial, we woke up the next day, with each other, to fight it together.
We lean on each other, trust each other, love each other stronger now, than the day we said I do.
And I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it should be.
We have defeated some pretty big odds, we have fought of the disbelievers and doubters, and have come out stronger than anyone would have ever thought.
[so take that.]
And as our wedding song sings...
two is better than one.

so here's to us...1095 days and counting.


4 comments:

  1. nice pics,you look beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures, you two are such a cute couple! Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sassy! I love it. And, it sure sounds like Kalob knew what he was getting himself into from the get go. Here's to a million more days like the past thousand!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!