Thursday, December 20, 2012

secret santa...

Gift Swap

When JannaKelly, and Tab, decided to host a Secret Santa, I knew I had to be apart of it! I mean who doesn't love a secret santa swap...I kinda feel like I'm in grade school again! 
when I got my package I couldn't wait to open it up!
 And then there was this...
a picture of the state that will always have my heart....
 And I was so excited to be shopping for the lovely
This was an amazing chance to stalk a blog, and have a purpose in doing it! It was neat to read Melissa's blog, get to know her through her writing, and then shop for her! Her little family is adorable, her tattoos are so classy, and from what I gather - she is the most self-less and patient mother out there! Her blog is one that I hadn't ever read before this swap...and if being a secret Santa wasn't enough, then finding her blog, made this whole thing just that much more worth it!

and because I was in the christmas spirit...I thought I'd make some cookies with a christmas twist!


C a n d y c a n e   C o o k i e s !

Ingredients:
1/2 butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3 cups flour
2tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar; add egg and milk. Add dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Add vanilla. Roll on floured surface. [You may need to add more flour.]  cut and cook on an ungreased cookie sheet. [I use a silapat] cook at 400 degrees for 6-8 min. 







Frosting: Cream Cheese Frosting [out of the tub]

Topping: crushed candycanes

[Once decorated put them in the freezer until ready to serve.]

They are delicious.

love you all!




13 comments:

  1. That is SO funny that you got ME & we both just linked ours up at the same time. I was going to wait to look at these until the morning but decided to look at yours real quick before bed...glad I did!!! You pretty much nailed my gift...I love it! Thank you so much! And thank you for the kind words. It really does mean a lot to me! <3 xoxo Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look delicious. What lovely gifts you received, the picture is beautiful, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your gifts!! and those cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bracelet looks beautiful and I love the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bracelet is fabulous! I am so into big chunky chains right now. And those cookies look super yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gifts! That picture is so neat!! I want one :D
    I definitely had to copy down your Candycane Cookies recipe, thanks for sharing!
    Stopping by from the Secret Santa Swap ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cookies look delicious! It's great when you get to put something inside a bag and beat the holy $#&* out of it!! LOL

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cookies look so tasty. I love the card too, so cute

    Thanks for joining our swap.

    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with those cookies! I am definitely expanding my cookie horizons next year (been inspired), but for now...I'm a little "cookie-ed out"! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bracelet you got is SO cute! Those cookies look to die for too ;) Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you know where the bracelet is from?! It is soo cute! And I may just have to try out making those cookies in the next couple of days. I have to have something to leave for Santa, right!? :) Thanks for the recipe!

    Courtney @ Little Miss MBA

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you received! Your Secret Santa did good! These cookies sound delish too!

    www.domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!