I woke up this morning and read a post of one of my daily blog reads...
For Love of a Cupcake wrote about her cake testing experience this past weekend...and I quickly taken back to our "wedding cake days"...
believe it or not...
Kalob and I actually made our wedding cake.
Yes, you read that right...
we. made. our. wedding. cake.
I'm one of those girls who says...
"how hard could it be!?"
We certainly had our work cut out for us, but we thought it would be an awesome touch to our day. We spent a lot of all-nighters in this kichen, making fondant, smoothing, freezing, baking....this is where my first "wedding meltdown" happened... & our first "real" agrument. Thinking back, I'm so proud, but I don't think that I would suggest it...to anyone...espeically a bride...a week before her wedding. But I will tell you, the looks you get when you tell someone that you made your own wedding cake...priceless and so worth it!
[I got that massive flower at Forever21 for like $3.]
I couldn't have asked for anything more!
Oh and of course we jammed out to some awesome music while doing it...
Those songs still remain on my workout playlist!
So to continue "5k week"...
1. All American Rejects - Don't Leave Me
2. Outkast - The Way You Move
3. Justin Timberlake - Rock your Body
4. Jesse Mccartney - Body Language
5. New Found Glory - The Biggest Mistake
[has no reference to getting married! ha]
6. Barenaked Ladies - Falling for the First Time
7. Boys like Girls - Five Minutes to Midnight
8. Chris Cagle - Chicks Dig It
9. Christina Aguilera - My Man
10. Chingy - Professional