Tuesday, April 3, 2012

quiet book!

At the end of last year, a bunch of friends and I decided that it would be fun to do a "quiet book" for the kiddos. We weren't sure how we were going to go about it, because a WHOLE quiet book seemed a little daunting [at least it did for me.] So thanks to some outside thoughts and discussions, we got about 14 girls together...everyone decided on ONE page that they wanted to do, and each of us made
f o u r t e e n  of the exact same page [that a little daunting too huh!?]. We decided on a dead line [April 1] and after changing my mind on my page 3 times, sewing for hours, cutting for days and braiding rope for what seemed like forever...
 I'm officially finished with "the road page!"
[if you could hear me say this, you would hear the excitement and relief in my voice!]

Every color of felt has consumed my life for the past few months...[okay more like few weeks...totally procrastinated this one!]
Scraps have filled my dining room floor... [I'm sure some have filled Hudson's mouth at some point!]
 Empty toy car boxes have become Hudson's past time and chew toy of choice...
Refilling the bobbin on the sewing machine...I'm pretty much pro. 
And as for the rotary cutter...well we have a love/hate relationship & have seen much better days.
 


Stop lights & white dashes made it onto the page, along with a car!  I thought it would be so fun for the kids to have actual hot wheel cars to go onto the road with! So I braided some string [fun & for durablity] tied them and glued them to the bottom of the car, and even made a little "garage" on the page for the car to go in! [probably my favorite part of the whole page!]

Although I'm so glad that this whole process is over, I'm so happy that I actually did it. I don't think of myself as much of a sewer [remember: I didn't even know we had a sewing machine until my husband told me after I made Hudson's crib skirt and recovered his rocker glider by hand!] but maybe I can start to become one?! haha. [Yeah, who am I kidding! I'm taking a l o n g break from the sewing machine!] We are exchanging everyone's pages tomorrow so it will be fun to put everything together into one book! I'm hoping that Hudson will be entertained for more than a few seconds with the book...maybe 15 seconds...one second for each page!? hahaha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!