I swear by them.
Top Ten Uses for Vaseline.
I've collected these over the years!
- Put Vaseline on your elbows - no more roughness.
- Put Vaseline on chapped lips [I do this at night, and by morning- WA-LA!]
- Maintains perfume scent longer! [put on at perfume "points" before spraying!]
- Make-up remover! [I use it to get my eye make-up off at night- only thing that doesn't burn my eye-lids!]
- Helps get off stuck rings! [firm believer in this!]
- Removes make-up stains from clothing! [Did this yesterday to a towel!]
- I put a coat of Vaseline on my eye-lashes every night...makes them look thicker. [supposed to make them grow quicker too!]
- When I don't have the time [or the money] to get my hair colored professionally, and I do it at home, I smear Vaseline around my hair line so I'm insured that the color won't dye my skin!
- Nail Polish bottles getting stuck?! Rub some vaseline at the base of the lid and...no more stick!
- I've also heard- but have never had to try [luckily] Vaseline helps get gum out of your hair!
One thing that I learned this weekend NOT to do with vaseline...
leave it anywhere near your straightner or curling iron!
Didn't your mom ever tell you...over and over-
"Turn off your straightner, you're going to start a fire?!"
yeah- mine did too!
Literally almost had to put that fire out in our bathroom.
We've been keeping all the doors shut to all the rooms due to a very busy and quick baby, who likes to get into everything! I was sitting on our bed and kept smelling this awful smell but couldn't figure out where it was coming from- until I opened the bathroom door. Smoke was coming off the counter of the bathroom, with a huge puddle of nasty, brown burnt Vaseline. The straightner had obviously been left on [what? it wasn't me! haha.] and the Vaseline didn't have a chance.
It's been two days now and my bathroom still smells...like...a burning hot glue gun, I don't have any Vaseline, and my straightner is out of commision.Boo.
NOTE TO SELF:
Turn off your straightner!