Thursday, January 5, 2012

new little toy.

Now that Hudson is very mobile, I've been a little worried about the whole crib/sleeping situation! I hate not being able to see what's going on, not knowing what he's doing- it's one thing to hear him, but it's another thing to see him!
We usually never go into his room in the middle of the night, and even when he cries, I usually don't go in there because he will put himself back to sleep. But this got me thinking, what if he is crying for a legit reason?
When I was little, I was always scared of a fire in the house. And I was terrified of indians [yes, indians] coming to "get me". I know that sounds so silly, but it was a real fear of mine. I would pray that I'd be able to have good dreams, make it out of a fire, and that I wouldn't see any indians through my window. Make fun all you want...my sister still gives me a hard time about it!
Anyway, because of those fears, my anxiety levels have sky-rocketed. Because I don't go in to his room at night, because he sleeps through the night, and because he will put himself back to sleep, I felt like I wasn't prepared enough.
I already have our bedroom door open when we sleep at night and the hallway bathroom light on, just in case something were to happen, I get can get to him fast enough, with no hurdles. But to calm my fears even more...I bought a new toy.
It's my new video baby monitor.
So, its one thing to hear and its one thing to see him...and now I can do both!
I talked myself out of getting one, multiple times, because I didn't want to be that mom that had to see my baby while they were sleeping, but I just couldn't take it anymore,
so I caved, and I'm so glad I did!
My nerves are calmed & my anxiety levels are down, and I'm amazed how much Hudson moves when he sleeps! He literally just can't keep still, awake or asleep! :)

3 comments:

  1. We have a video baby monitor too. It's not as nice as yours but I LOVE it. It's pretty much my favorite gift ever. I want to get another one so I can see both kids. I'm glad you caved! Definitely worth it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a crack up, Elise! We didn't have all these "fancy" things when ours were little. Technology is here for us to enjoy, right?!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading every single one of your comments!