Tuesday, January 3, 2012

it's only Tuesday...

It's only Tuesday and...
We are already home from our vacation! Kalob was already scheduled to come home yesturday so he could start up work again today, but when we were booking our flights, there was no more seats available for me to fly home on the same flight, same day, not even the same week! So I took the first flight that I could and Hudson and I were supposed to come home this coming Saturday.
But when yesturday came, a flight became available and so we decided to take it, but there was only one little issue. The flight that became available wasn't with Kalob, it just happened to be a 6 hour flight, layover, plane change in Las Vegas, and arriving at midnight in Denver, and then the 1.5 hours it takes to get back home!
Because I have the most amazing husband anyone could ever ask for, Kalob took Hudson on his non-stop flight home, by himself. As we were driving to the airport, I was giving Kalob play by plays of what was going to happen at check- in, security, tagging the carseat and stroller, when you get on the flight, don't be scared to ask questions, blah blah blah...I'm sure I was making the situation even more tense, but that's the only thing I could do to make myself feel a little more calm. We stayed in the car for a bit when we got to the airport and just prayed that everything would go smoothly! Kalob has never flown with Hudson before so I was a little nervous [okay, I was an absolute wreck while I was waving to them as they were going through security!] but when I got that "we made it" "hudson slept the whole flight" "everyone loved him" phone call, I was the most proud mamma and wife ever.
I know that pretty much all I ever talk about it my little family...but you know what?! They are my life. it may seem a little extreme at times, but, you know, I'm okay with that. My life is so different than I ever would have thought it would be, and it's alot crazier than I could ever imagine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
 oh!
you know what else makes me a very proud mamma?!
It's only Tuesday...Hudson is 8months old and is mobile!very mobile in fact.
yes, that's right, he beat the odds and predictions of everyone [including his doctor] and has decided that he would start to crawl. I think this text I sent a friend this morning sums it up perfectly...
 "play dates will never be the same!"
It seems that 2012 isn't messing around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!