Thursday, January 12, 2012

first time...

You know the saying
there's a first time for everything...
I guess I didn't think it would come so soon!
but Hudson got his first real "goose egg" ouchie yesturday.
It was giant,
&
it broke my heart.
But didn't seem to phase him. at all.
considering this was him 5min later...

But it phased me! I was certainly more upset that he was!
He took a tumble. I tried [so hard] to catch him. Obviously I wasn't quick enough and finally realized after I rushed him to the bathroom to clean him up [there was some blood] and seriously drenched him with Neosporin [I can't have a scar on that face!] that
I can't catch him everytime!
He will fall.
I also came to realize...he is a boy [obviously]!
All boy.
I have a baby boy!
He will fall, he will get dirt on his clothes, he will cry, he will want to play rough with Daddy before bed & there will be stains on his clothes that I won't be able to ever get out!
And you know, I'm learning to be totally okay with it!

Everyone always asks while you are pregnant..."so, are you ready for this?" "ready to have a baby?"
If you ever hear someone that says " heck yes" they are totally lying to you. Lets be honest.
You are never fully ready for what a child brings, financially, physically, mentally or emotionally!
As much as we, as moms stress about it, plan, and prepare!
I'm still buying things for Hudson!
I'm still losing this baby weight and dealing with post c-section issues!
 I cry more now than I ever did while I was pregnant, [or ever in my life for that matter]!
I'm still learning the ins and outs of being a mom, and I don't think that will ever stop, and I know I don't want it to!

A baby changes you!

 In the best way imaginable.

I'm so blessed that I'm able to stay home, and watch this little boy grow and learn, every single day. Sometimes it feels so repeatative, the same schedule every single day, and I won't lie, sometimes it gets to me. It seems a little crazy to plan out my week, and to make sure that I leave the house once a day, and if that means that the grocery store waits until the next day because I already made a trip out, then the grocery store waits. But I wouldn't trade my life, or my repeatative days for anything in this world! Hudson is growing up [way too fast] and I'm learning to just let him go. I don't know if I'm ready, but I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!