Wednesday, August 24, 2011

luckiest girl...

One of the strongest and most amazing girls I have ever known got engaged last night. Hearing about this engagement really just put a permanent smile on my face today. I took me back about a year ago. I remember the feeling I had when Kalob got down on his knee, the first person I called, waking my sister up to tell her the news. And I remember the feeling I had knowing that I was getting married, and all of those years of dreaming about my perfect wedding were finally going to be put to some good use. But most importantly I remember the feeling of waking up the morning after and just laying in bed staring at my ring and thinking that
he was going to be my forever.
I felt like the luckiest girl on the planet. A true princess. I have been extremely lucky  in the boys that I have dated. I have always been treated with respect and many of the boys have really set the bar high. But there was always something missing until I met Kalob. After the first time I had talked to him, I never thought it would end up the way it did, but I wouldn't of had it any other way! I'm so glad I went to the singles ward, for the first time, that week. Incredibly blessed that I didn't know what a "heifer" was [its a cow] to strike up a conversation about his talk in sacrament meeting, so happy that there was such thing as facebook, and "facebook stalking" or he would have never seen me again [yes, he had to hunt me down], & amazed that he was so patient [he waited 3 months for me to stop dating someone else and to get done with dental assisting school.]
 Life right now is alot different than it was back then [ makes it sound like it was "back in the day"...I have to remind myself that it was only a year ago!], and I feel like I tend to forget how it
all really began & after looking back at a few of my previous posts, I have barely even mentioned Kalob. Yes, we are still married. Yes, I see him everyday. Yes, I still love him. Yes, he is alive, and can I please just tell you, this man is one amazing daddy. 
I'm kind of in love with him.
[good thing considering we got married right?!]


Sorry for my reminiscing, but it just had to be done!

obviously, it would be out of character if i didn't say something about the other man in my life....
happy 4 months to this hunk of a chunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!