Oh my goodness gracious guys, guess what?!
I pinned some things into my "yummy for my tummy" board on my
pinterest and I actually made it!
[click the title to reach the original recipe source.]
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time:1 hour 10 minutes
- 10 - 12 small Campari tomatoes, quartered
- 3 - 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 servings of fettuccine noodles
- 2 ripe avocados, seed and skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 ºF.
2. Wash and quarter the tomatoes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil, just enough to make the tomatoes glisten. Bake for 1 hour in the oven.
3. Ten minutes before tomatoes are finished, fill a large pot with water and a sprinkle of salt. Bring to a rapid boil. Add the dry fettuccine to the water and cook until al dente.
4. While the pasta is boiling, add 2 tbsp olive oil, avocado, garlic, salt and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
5. Strain the pasta, and combine with the sauce in a large bowl, until all the pasta has been covered.
6. Add the roasted tomatoes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Add some salt and black pepper to taste. Or some chicken for protein!
Just do yourself a favor and make this...tonight!
Seriously, one of the best, more healthy pastas I have ever had.
In the recipe, it calls for pine-nuts...I hate them, so I didn't use them and it still turned out great.