Thursday, June 9, 2011

just one good shot.

While Hudson and I were back in Boise a few weeks ago, we were able to get some professional pictures taken! I thought going into this that he was going to be a perfect champ, but little did I know that was NOT going to be the case. Because I had a c-section, we were not able to get Hudson "newborn" pictures which are usually taken the first week, so going into the session, we knew it was going to be a little more challenging to position him and keep him asleep. Hudson is a fighter, to say the least. He holds his head up by himself for long periods of time & his legs are so strong that the first time we used a swaddler (the ones that have velcro and straps) he kicked the bottom velcro off so that he could be free and scooted himself across the crip. Yah that's my baby. haha. We think he's pretty advanced. :)
Baby H seemed to have it out for us as soon as we walked in the studio and we certainly had our work cut out for us! Mr. Stubborn decided that he didn't want to be naked, or cold (I don't blame him), or go to sleep (he had been awake for a total of 5 hours when all of this was over), or lay on his tummy (which he loves)or even shut his eyes for a split second! I was luckily prepared with bottles, gripe water & his blanket, all of which we used to the fullest. We went through 3 bottles, used a heating pad to keep him warm, gripe water to make him happy, but nothing seemed to do the trick. My patience was wearing VERY thin going into the THIRD hour. We had only gotten about 2 good shots that were worth hanging and framing. I was a little sad at this point to say the least and I was exhausted and beyond ready to go home! 3.5 hours in we got the second picture & finally the last ten minutes of the 4 hours we were there we got the last shot! Prayers were certainly answered, I'm pretty sure at that point God was sick of me saying
"Please heavenly father, I just want one good shot. Just one good shot."
PS. We got home and Hudson slept for 5 hours. You just gotta love him. Good thing he is wrapped around my little finger...multiple times. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every single one of your comments!